Kristie would sing the most beatiful of songs but I could never catch it on the video thing so I emailed PHF and found out which song her nanny would sing too her.
Chinese Lullaby - Mama Hao
Similar to “Hush Little Baby” in the English-speaking world, this is the lullabye Chinese children learn, "Mamo Hao" or "Mama is the Best (in All the World)".
Mama Hao (Mandarin)
Shi shang zhi you mama haoYou ma de hai zi xiang ge bao.Tou jin mama de huai baoXin fu xiang bu liao.Shi shang zhi you mama haoMei ma de hai zi xiang ge caoLi kai mama de huai baoXin fu na li zhao.
English translation:
Only Mama is the best in all the worldWith a mama, you have the most valued treasure.Jump into mama’s heart andYou have endless happiness.Only Mama is the best in all the worldWithout a mama you are like a piece of grass,Away from mama's heart,Where will you find happiness?
Click the link to listen
http://www.heartborn.org/docs/MamaHao-adult_singing.mp3
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think Everett has been singing that same song. He does it beautifully but I could not figure out what he was saying except for "mama". I will have to let him listen and see if he sings along. Thanks for sharing this.
Mandie
Post a Comment